In Conversation with Mr. DV Manjunath, Managing Director, EMMVEE Group
- Let’s begin with a glimpse of your company’s presence and offerings in India?
EMMVEE is the market leader in solar industry with global presence since 1992. Since then we are setting new trends with its comprehensive system solutions. Emmvee, manufacturer of photovoltaic modules and solar water heating systems with 2 specialized manufacturing facilities and employs over 650 people. Emmvee at present has 0.5 GW per year solar module manufacturing capacity and has plans to expand as per the market development and needs in future.
We are also very active in EPC space of large solar photovoltaic based power projects. The company has a great deal of experience in developing and commission many power projects in Europe. The company owns and operates 4 power plants in Germany. In India too, the company has successfully completed power projects aggregating to a total capacity of 100MW as on date, which also includes roof top projects.
- What have been some of the recent developments at your organisation?
• We have installed the world’s most advanced cell stringer machine and multi-stack laminator, beside other sophisticated machine in our facility.
• Emmvee commissioned 1MW Roof–top solar power plant at its solar water heater manufacturing facility in Dabaspet, Karnataka, India, has a production area of 25,000 Sq. mtrs.
• Emmvee is also a successful bidder for developing 3 power projects of total capacity of 40 MW in Karnataka. These projects are being developed at the cost of around 280crores.
• Emmvee’s Joint Venture with Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Hyderabad for the supply of solar power for their facilities for next 25 years. The capacity of solar power plant is 15 MW.
- What are your growth plans for the Indian market?
Based on market demand and needs, Emmvee want to expand the manufacturing production facility considering both backward & forward integration.
- Tell us a bit about the recent technology advancements in your sector?
It has been a significant improvement in solar cell efficiency, today solar cells used in large projects has hit 19.5%. Many new cell technologies have also made inroads. For example HIT, BIFACIAL, PERC, organic cells are raising good interest as future technologies.
- What have been the latest trends in demand for your products & services in India? Where do you see the next demand growth coming from?
As India is growing rapidly in adopting solar energy. There are number of power projects coming up in India. Large corporates are investing in solar power production and most of our modules goes to these big projects, besides this there are many residential projects coming up in the country. We produce modules that are more appropriate for such applications.
- Anything else you would like to add for our readers.
Emmvee thrive towards qualitative and quantitative optimization in providing customers with Sustainable Wide Ranging Solar Power Solutions.We believe in quality and our infrastructure, specialist staff and engineers, and state-of-the-art process make sure we achieve optimum production quality and well satisfied customer .We are committed to offer highly reliable product and solar power solution .