Cities are drivers of economic growth & people living cities need to be provided with adequate housing: Vice President
Adoption of Holistic approach to urbanisation for upscaling urban infrastructure underway: Hardeep Puri
Lays foundation stone for World Trade Center& General Pool Residential Accommodation Colony
The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that cities are the drivers of economic growth and all sections of people living in the cities need to be provided with adequate housing and other essential amenities. He was addressing the gathering after laying foundation stone for the World Trade Center at Nauroji Nagar and redevelopment of Netaji Nagar General Pool Residential Accommodation Colony, here today. Shri Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs (I/C), during his address stated that the adoption of holistic approach to urbanisation for upscaling urban infrastructure is underway. Shri Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, M/o Housing & Urban Affairs and CMD, NBCC were also present on the occasion.
Speaking after laying the foundation stone, Shri Puri said that “It is yet another proud moment for us today - a bold step in our voyage towards realising the prudent vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister for a ‘New India’ that holds the dream of a sustainable and inclusivedevelopmentof the Nation, creating world class infrastructure, energy-abundant solutions, elevated trade and business environment opportunities in the country.”
“As the idea of New India initiative goes, today’s Foundation Stone laying of Redevelopment of GPRA Colony, Netaji Nagar and the World Trade Centre in Nauroji Nagar into finest housing complexes and commercial hubs by Hon’ble Vice President, is a watershed event”, he added.“We are indeed grateful to Hon’ble Venkaiah Naidu Ji,for gracing this important occasion which shall be a great source of inspiration for all of us in future.Indeed, it was under his dynamic leadership as the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister that great strides were made in redefining the urban landscape of the country and new initiatives in redevelopment of Government colonies, promoting metro rail network in the country and great impetus in nation missions like Housing for All, Swachh Bharat Mission, AMRUT, Ease of Doing Business and other such flagship programs was witnessed”, he further said.
NBCC, which is entrusted with the task of implementing the Netaji Nagar and Nauroji Nagar projects besides the Sarojini Nagar GPRA project, is also executing a smart sub-city in the shape of East Kidwai Nagar which is fast nearing completion. The CPWD has been entrusted with the task of implementing the 04 GPRA projects at Mohammad Pur, Kasturba Nagar, Thyagraj Nagar and Sriniwaspuri. We hope to hold the foundation laying ceremony of Mohammadpur soon.
Expressing gratitude to Hon’ble Vice President for his gracious presence on this occasion and for consenting to lay the foundation stone of these 2 projects today, Shri Puri assured him that the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs would keep on exploring many more such possibilities all over India, by undertaking a holistic approach to urbanisation in order to upscale the urban infrastructure and housing stock in the entire nation.
Redevelopment of Netaji Nagar on 110 acres with proposed GPRA, GPOA and SocialInfrastructure
- Seamlessly Integrated Green Landscape in an urban high rise setting to avoid a concrete jungle
- Prominence given to landscape and ease of access
- Vehicular free circulation system with no surface parking, two level basement parking for residents and visitors.
- Enhanced streetscape for a thriving & safe environment
- Equipped with ‘Smart City’ sustainable features
- GPOA blocks placed along the Ring Road with better visibility. Easy connectivity next to Metro Station
- GPOA & GPRA segregated in two parcels for independent traffic movement system
- Existing Social Infra relocated for better connectivity without disturbing the built residential development.
- Suvidha market/convenient shopping centers are distributed & strategically placed for convenience of citizen.
- A GRIHA compliance project (minimum 3-star rating).
- Efficient management of energy & water resources.
- Management of material resources and waste like garbage chute, waste compactor, construction and demolition waste plant.
- Installation of solar panel at the rooftop.
- Heat insulated glass with less energy emission.
- Installation of building management system to save energy.
- High speed construction with Monolithic RCC shear wall technology using aluminium framework for better finishing.
- Double height entrance lobbies.
- Zero maintenance façade finishing with stone cladding upto 3 levels.
- Granite flooring in public areas
- High quality finishing construction with UPVC glazing in GPRA &Structutal Glazing in GPOA.
- Construction as per latest life & safety norms for fire &structural design as per NBC 2016.
- Provisions of adequate balconies & cupboards.
- Open plan office layout for flexible combination or subdivision of spaces as per requirement of various department.
- Adequate parking of approximately 3500 cars in GPOA.
- Provision of central air-conditioning, Wi-Fi and IT enabled office environment.
- Font Size
- Reading Mode