- 130 events in 25 countries
- Award of Trophies to innovative employees
- Participation in VivaTechnology, the global meeting of startups and innovation in France
From 22 May to 1 June 2018, ENGIE and its partners are pulling out the stops on the occasion of the 4th edition of the Innovation Week. A major annual event for the Group, this week highlights and celebrates the innovations which are transforming ENGIE’s businesses and activities. 130 events in 25 countries will be organised by ENGIE’s employees, culminating in the participation of the Group in VivaTechnology from 24 to 26 May in Paris and the award of ENGIE’s Innovation Trophies on 28 May.
Three themes are in the spotlight: energy efficiency, renewable energies, smart cities & mobility
ENGIE Innovation Week 2018 is organised around three themes that are central to the Group’s strategy: energy efficiency; the development of renewable energies; smart cities and mobility.
ENGIE is innovating and developing solutions in these three areas, in favour of harmonious progress that reconciles individual interests with collective needs. To do so, the Group is anticipating the needs of its customers and working in partnership with a rich and diverse ecosystem, made up of employees, startups, experts, customers, etc. A community of “imaginative builders”, women and men who imagine, build and deploy innovations that contribute to harmonious progress.
ENGIE unveils its innovations and those of its partners at VivaTechnology
From Thursday 24 to Saturday 26 May, ENGIE will be present at Viva Technology, in Paris, Porte de Versailles. A partner since the creation of this grand world innovation rendez-vous in 2016, this year the Group is highlighting on its 390 sqm stand, 21 internal solutions developed by its employees as well as 48 partner startups. ENGIE is inviting you to come and discover the solutions on display and to talk with the experts there, on themes such as hydrogen, energy storage, blockchain technology, sustainable mobility, the “silver economy” and access to energy for all, particularly in Africa.
Among the highlights of the event:
- Thursday 24 May, Isabelle Kocher, ENGIE CEO, will speak at the CEO Forum from 12.00 to 12.30, on “How digital is enabling the energy revolution.” Free access for visitors with a VivaTech pass.
- Thursday 24 May, a press briefing will be held from 12.45 on the ENGIE stand (J44), in the presence of Isabelle Kocher and Victorian Erussard, founder and captain of Energy Observer, the first ship running on renewable energy and hydrogen to make a round-the-world “odyssey of the future” trip. To take part, register with ENGIE Media Relations service.
- Friday 25 May, ENGIE is organising from 10.30 to 11.30 on its stand a conference dedicated to the uses of blockchain technology in the energy sector, hosted by Erik Orsenna, an economist & writer. To take part, register with ENGIE Media Relations service.
For more information about ENGIE’s full programme at Viva Technology, click here. To obtain a media access pass to Viva Technology, journalists are invited to accredit themselves on the event website at https://vivatechnology.com/
Encouraging employee initiatives and rewarding their projects
The culmination of the ENGIE Innovation Week, the traditional annual award ceremony of the Innovation Trophies will take place on 28 May at 19.00, Paris time (18:00 GMT), live on YouTube. In all, 530 entries were received for this edition from thousands of ENGIE employees. 51 finalist projects have been selected from among them. The winners will receive their Trophy from ENGIE’s senior managers at the end of an exhibition presenting all of the finalists’ innovations.
> To follow this ceremony live, go to the YouTube ENGIE Innovation page by clicking here.
Stay connected! For more information about the programme of the ENGIE Innovation Week 2018, go to innovationweek.engie.com.
Key innovation figures at ENGIE
- EUR 165 million allocation from the corporate venture capital fund, “ENGIE New Ventures”
- 17 investments made by the ENGIE New Ventures fund, for a total of EUR 65 million
- A network of 50 innovation managers
- 14,500 employee members of the internal innovation social network
- More than 80 calls for projects launched on ENGIE Innovation, the Group’s open innovation platform which has received 2,500 applications and rewarded 127 winners
We are a global energy and services group, focused on three core activities: low-carbon power generation, mainly based on natural gas and renewable energy, global networks and customer solutions. Driven by our ambition to contribute to a harmonious progress, we take up major global challenges such as the fight against global warming, access to energy to all, or mobility, and offer our residential customers, businesses and communities energy production solutions and services that reconcile individual and collective interests. Our integrated - low-carbon, high-performing and sustainable - offers are based on digital technologies. Beyond energy, they facilitate the development of new uses and promote new ways of living and working. Our ambition is conveyed by each of our 150,000 employees in 70 countries. Together with our customers and partners, they form a community of imaginative builders who invent and build today solutions for tomorrow.2017 turnover: 65 billion Euros. Listed in Paris and Brussels (ENGI), the Group is represented in the main financial (CAC 40, BEL 20, Euro STOXX 50, STOXX Europe 600, MSCI Europe, Euronext 100, FTSE Eurotop 100, Euro STOXX Utilities, STOXX Europe 600 Utilities) and extra-financial indices (DJSI World, DJSI Europe and Euronext Vigeo Eiris - World 120, Eurozone 120, Europe 120, France 20, CAC 40 Governance). To learn more : www.engie.com
- Font Size
- Reading Mode