Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued the circular on terminating Atal Jyoti Yojna(AJAY) Phase 2.
The AJAY Scheme was launched by the Ministry on 18-12-2018. It was initially valid for a period of one year. On 5th March 2020, the Ministry extended the scheme till 31.03.2021. The circular stated that the vendors already empaneled by EESL for the scheme will continue to install solar street lights against the sanction for MPLAD funds issued or to be issued by the respective DMs till March 31, 2020. Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) will continue to implement the scheme as per the earlier approved guidelines.
The notice states that due to the outbreak of COVID 19 the government has decided not to operate MPLADS for two year ie from 2020-2022 and circulation in this regard was issued by The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) on 08.04.2020. Accordingly, the ministry has decided to close Phase 2 of AJAY Scheme w.e.f. 01-04-2020.
Under Phase 2 of AJAY Scheme, Solar street lights with LED capacity of 12MW were installed in parliamentary constituencies covered under the scheme with 75% of the cost of solar street lights provided through MNRE budget and the remaining 25% cost provided from MPLADS(Member of Parliament Local Area Development) funds.
The document highlighted that solar street lights for which sanction of providing funds from MPLADS have been issued before 01-04-2020 can be only installed under the scheme subject to confirmation from district authorities for the availability of MPLADS funds against these sanctions.
AJAY scheme was launched to illuminate dark regions through the establishment of solar street lights and It is a sub-scheme under off-grid and decentralized solar application scheme of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India. The total cost of the scheme is Rs 583 crore.
Recently, The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) invites proposals from companies active in and capable of development, implementation, and management of an interactive IT platform to conduct all activities, meetings, conferences, and exposition for holding third Global Renewable Energy Investors Meet and Expo (3rd RE-INVEST) in digital space. The last date for Response to RfP is 11th May (by 5.00 pm) 2020 and a pre-bid meeting is scheduled on 1.5.2020 for queries related to this RFP.To participate The bidder will have to deposit INR 5 Lakh in the form of a cheque / FDR or bank guarantee in favor of IREDA as Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) EMD.
In March, the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) issued the circular on-time extension in the scheduled commissioning date of RE projects considering disruption of the supply chains due to the spread of coronavirus in China or any other country as a force majeure event. The circular stated that Ministry of Finance has clarified that the disruption of the supply chains due to spread of coronavirus in China or any other country should be considered as a case of natural calamity and Force Majeure Clause (FMC) may be invoked, wherever considered appropriate, following the due procedure.