- This event has passed.
CXOs Digital Roundtable On The Evolving Solar Module Policies, Pricing & Technology
June 4 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm IST
The Solar Industry is witnessing a plethora of changes that will continue to impact the price of modules. The primary factor is the rise in the Polysilicon price due to its shortage and surge in downstream demand. This has been worsening since last year and it has become challenging for module manufacturers to procure the needed quantities at the right price. The larger and more vertically integrated players were still better off than the Tier 2 ones. As per research reports, the latest polysilicon price has already hit an all-time high of 150 RMB/kg which is almost three times the Q2 2020 price! It is estimated that polysilicon prices are not expected to drop for at least six months and the polysilicon shortage is here to stay for a while. It would also be interesting to see how the price trends will move for other raw materials like Copper, Silver, Glass, etc.
Another factor that is causing uncertainty is the delay in the enlistment of international manufacturers on the ALMM List due to COVID 19. The imposition of BCD from next year and the introduction of the PLI program are also bringing complications in decision making for developers. A huge rush to procure modules in the duty-free period which coincides with the demand peak during Q4 in the domestic China market will also be a challenge.
The developers and EPC players need to make smart choices and manage the LCOE of the projects amongst these diverse changes which the solar module industry is witnessing. The solution will be to partner with technologically competent credible module suppliers for their near-term capacity requirements. Join our CXOs digital roundtable where we bring together industry experts across the country to brainstorm on these questions.
Key Discussion Points:
- How the solar industry is managing the scenario of fluctuating module prices amidst policy changes and a rise in material cost?
- How COVID19 is impacting the enlistment of international manufacturers on the ALMM List?
- What are the industry sentiments and views on the imposition of BCD and the introduction of the PLI program?
- What is the long-term floor for module costs? Will it see a rise of more than 25%?
- How price hedging can be done by Developers with minimum impact due to uncertainty?
- How to effectively manage the LCOE of upcoming projects by using more efficient modules? Understanding the dominant role of technology, innovation, and automation going forward.