According to Global market reports, Global Install capacity will add 100 GW of solar pv in 2018. With around 48GW to be added in 2018, 47 percent of global demand will be accounted by China. 10.6 GW of solar PV expected by US markets while 7.1 GW will be Installed by India!
5 GW of total solar pv installations was accounted in India in first half of 2018 including both large-scale and rooftop solar. India has crossed 25 GW in terms of total installed solar capacity, moving closer to the 2022 target of 100 GW.
Working in Solar power industry we come across various terms, right from lead generation to project management and after sales support. Few of the terms are listed below:
- After sales support/AUTOCAD design/Analysis of detailed project report according to site survey/AC current, voltage & power/Anti-PID/AC cables/AC Distribution box/Arc fault/Aluminum/Anti-islanding/Altitude.
- Business values & ethics/Basic layout designing/Buildings/Block diagram/BOM.
- Closing deals/Clients/Competetors/Commissioning/Costing/Controller/Contractor/Car port installations/Communication protocol/ Cables/ Capacitor/ Copper/ Clamps/ Cold calling/ CAPEX/ Central Inverters/ CREDA.
- Deals/Design & drawings/DC voltage & currents/Dimensions/DC cables/DC distribution box/Datasheets/Data logger/DPR.
- End of project/Earthing/Efficiency/Elevated structure/Embedded communication/Escalation/EV/Energy storage/Engineering/EPC.
- Frequency/Fuse/Fire extinguisher/Filter/Floating solar plant.
- HT Panel/HT Consumer/Humidity.
- JMR/Joint inspection/Job completion report.
- Kick off meeting.
- Lead generation/Lightning Arrester/ LD/ Legal agreement/ LT Panel/ LCD Display/ Lugs.
- Marketing/MPPT/MC4 Connectors/ Measurements/ Monitoring/ MCB//Module/ Modbus/ MNRE/ MEDA.
- Negotiations/Negative grounding.
- Orders/Operation & Maintenance/Online monitoring/OPEX.
- Planning/Photovoltaic modules/PVSyst Software/Procurement/Projects/Protections/Performance/Perlin/Project Management/ Power factor/ PPE/ Proposals/ Product Sales & Marketing.
- R&D/Reverse polarity protection/Rating/Rail/Resistance/Rafter/Remote Monitoring.
- Sales & Service/SketchUp software/Shadow analysis/SPD/Strings/Safety/Single phase/ Switch/String Inverters/Structure/Symbols/Sign boards/Safeguard duty.
- Team management/Testing & Commissioning/Three phase/Test reports/Temperature/Tilt Angle/Trackers.
- U Clamp/UV Protections/Underground cable laying.
- Values offered to customers/Voltage/Varistor.
- Winning projects/Watt peak/Warranty certificates/Walkway/ Weighted efficiency/ Weather monitoring/ Web user interface/ Wiring/ Wifi.
- X Bracing/X' mer.
- Y Connector.
- Z Clamp.
Working in Solar power sector is always fun and daily you come across many challenges. If you are in sales you will come across various types of customers in the market which will teach you new life lessons daily. For service and engineering professional, designing is a challenge as Sales guys would pitch 500kW size of project which design guys concludes to 350kW capacity! Project management people have to coordinate with all vendors and rightly arrange the delivery in time as client after giving advance payments wants to get his project completed within a short period of time is a bit challenge. Collection of full payments is a different level of challenge, and even a single mistake is remaining in the project then forget your payments! After sales, service and support is a key of your customer giving your repetitive orders and referring you among his fellow connections!
Thus the facts and figures remains the same in our solar industry and we all are fortunate that we are part of the era called as “Renewable Era’ and let us come together and spread as much awareness possible for promoting benefits of solar power in your society ultimately helping our Mother earth.
Let us live together with a dream to see our country an Energy Surplus Nation!
(ABB Solar Division-Mumbai)
- Font Size
- Reading Mode