DUBLIN, March 25, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "The Global Market for Self-Healing Materials and Coatings" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The continuous market drive for more durable materials with extended life times has stimulated the development of self-healing coating and materials.
Self-healing materials and coatings enabled by materials advances will greatly impact a wide range of markets, enabling autonomous internal healing for composites, coatings and surfaces. Their development is essential for reducing costly maintenance burdens and improving safety in construction, electronics, consumer products, oil and gas, wind energy, military, automotive and aerospace industries. The industry is at an early stage but products are commercially available.
This report highlights the latest innovations and products in the Self-Healing Coatings and Materials market, developed by large companies and start-ups.
Report contents include:
- Materials analysis: Materials used in self-healing, their properties, benefits of usage and applications (Materials covered include self-healing polyurethane clear coats, mechano-responsive polymers, click polymerization, shape memory materials, vascular networks, micro/nanocapsule-based systems and polyampholyte hydrogels).
- Coatings analysis: Types of self-healing coatings under development.
- Market analysis: Analysis of end user markets for self-healing coatings and materials:
- Oil and gas
- Market revenues forecasts: Detailed forecasts of the Self-Healing Materials and Coating sector by end user markets (revenues $ millions), to 2027.
- Producer profiles: Self-Healing Materials and Coating producer profiles (Profiles of 33 producers and product developers). Companies profiled include Nippon Paint Industrial Coating Co. Ltd., Ilika, 3M, AkzoNobel, LG Electronics, Toray, Sensor Coating Systems Limited, Suprapolix B.V., Advanced Soft Materials, Cidetec, Henkel and Schlumberger.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
1.1 Market opportunity for self-healing materials and coatings
1.2 Global market revenues to 2027
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Report scope
2.2 Market opportunity analysis
3.1 What Are Self-Healing Materials?
3.1.1 Extrinsic self-healing
22.214.171.124 Vascular self-healing
3.1.2 Intrinsic self-healing
3.1.3 Healing volume
3.2 Types Of Self-Healing Materials And Coatings
3.2.1 Self-healing coatings
126.96.36.199 Scratch repair
3.2.2 Self-healing polymer composites
3.2.3 Self-healing metals
188.8.131.52 Metal matrix composites
3.2.4 Self-healing ceramics
3.2.5 Self-healing nanomaterials
3.2.6 Self-healing biomaterials
3.2.7 3d printing of self-healing materials
4 Self-Healing Materials And Coatings Analysis
4.1 Polyurethane Clear Coats
4.3 Microvascular Networks
4.4 Reversible Polymers
4.5 Click Polymerization
4.6 Carbon Nanotubes
4.7 Graphene And Other 2D Materials
4.8 Polyampholyte Hydrogels
4.9 Shape Memory
5 Markets For Self-Healing Materials And Coatings
5.1.1 Market drivers
184.108.40.206 Self-healing composites
220.127.116.11 Self-healing thermal interface materials
5.1.3 Commercial activity
5.1.4 Market opportunity
5.2.1 Market drivers
18.104.22.168 Self-healing glass
22.214.171.124 Self-healing coatings for scratch repair
126.96.36.199 Self-healing composites
188.8.131.52 Self-healing tires
5.2.3 Commercial activity
5.2.4 Market opportunity
5.3.1 Market drivers
184.108.40.206 Self-healing consumer electronic device coatings
220.127.116.11 Flexible insulators
18.104.22.168 Self-healing flexible and stretchable wearables
22.214.171.124 Self-healing soft robotics
5.3.3 Commercial activity
5.3.4 Market opportunity
126.96.36.199 Self-healing batteries
188.8.131.52 Gas turbine coatings
184.108.40.206 Wind energy
220.127.116.11 Solar panels
5.4.2 Commercial activity
5.4.3 Market opportunity
5.5.1 Market drivers
18.104.22.168 Self-healing elastomers
5.5.3 Commercial activity
5.5.4 Market opportunity
5.6.1 Market drivers
22.214.171.124 Self-healing concrete
126.96.36.199 Self-healing road surfaces
5.6.3 Commercial activity
5.6.4 Market opportunity
5.7 Other Markets
5.7.1 Life And Health Sciences
5.7.4 Oil And Gas
188.8.131.52 Commercial Activity
6 Self-Healing Company Profiles (33 Company Profiles)
- Advanced Soft Materials
- LG Electronics
- Nippon Paint Industrial Coating Co. Ltd.
- Sensor Coating Systems Limited
- Suprapolix B.V.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tt2dn5/global?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets