- Premier Energies is a pioneer in the solar PV module and cell manufacturing industry in India. Tell us about your vast presence in India and abroad.
A1: Premier Energies was founded in 1995 by our Chairman, Mr Surendar Pal Singh. In the 25 years of our presence, we have grown and today we are providing solar power solutions to organisations across India and 30 countries in the world.
- Your company has undertaken numerous projects for different industries and big establishments. Please tell us more about these projects.
A2: Premier Energies has expertise in providing multiple solutions which enable us to offer our clients the best according to their requirements. These include:
- Solar IPP in states like Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu, among other states
- Manufacture of a spectrum of monocrystalline and polycrystalline cells with high quality and efficiency
- Turnkey EPC solutions – from concept to completion
- Rooftop solutions
- Ground mounted solutions
- Solar pumps
- Hybrid solar solutions
- Kindly help our readers to understand about your solar rooftop solutions and how they are the best fit for any topographical situations.
A3: On the rooftop of a building (commercial or residential), a solar photovoltaic (PV) system is mounted to harness the sun’s energy into electric power, through an inverter connected with off-grid/ on-grid/ hybrid systems. The power capacity and size of the solar installation depend on the available space, potential electricity consumption and the budget. The benefits one can reap from rooftop solutions include:
- Saving on electricity bills
- 24X7 availability of electricity
- Protection from power shortages
- Minimal maintenance costs
- Optimisation of renewable energy
- Helping the environment
Our EPC team has been successfully delivering rooftop solutions across geographies and topographical situations.
- Your company is known for coming up with timely innovative products. Can you brief us about your R&D efforts and new innovation being undertaken?
A4: At Premier Energies, we take pride in having fostered a culture of continuous innovation. These innovations are largely with a view to saving space and include:
- Floating solar solutions
- Canal top projects
- Using asbestos roofs to have solar solutions
- Solar carport canopies
- Tracker projects, which use either a dual or single axis, designed to track the moving sun, with a view to providing the optimum production of solar energy at all times
- How do you see your company evolving and growing over the next decade in the competitive solar market?
A5: We are aiming to become one of the top few players in India, with a strong overseas presence in the next 3 years. We have manufacturing facilities in Hyderabad which occupy over 40,000 sq feet. We aim to strike partnerships with leading global players with a view to working closely in helping to solve the climate change crisis, by providing sustainable, clean energy.
With a view to our future growth, we are almost ready with our new state of the art facility located at Fab City, Hyderabad which will help us double our capacity. This new facility is expected to open by December 2020.