Mr Yol Phokasub, Chief Executive Officer of Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited or CRC announced, “It is Central Retail’s conviction to build a promising future for the generations to come by reinforcing its position as Thailand’s first Green & Sustainable Retail. We commit to following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: SDGs, promoting BCG (Bio-Circular-Green Economy) and driving the ESG (Environmental-Social-Governance) agenda. The company has used this universal blueprint as a foundation for the development of the CRC ReNEW strategy, driving leaping growth for the business by operating with the highest standards of sustainability practices. The strategy also sets clear guidelines for business operations across every aspect of group businesses.
Supporting this strategy, the company has set long-term goals to reach Net Zero by 2050 along with short-term 2030 goals, including:
- Reduce Greenhouse Gases by 30%
- Navigate Society Wellbeing by generating an income of THB 5,400 million per year for local communities
- Eco-friendly Packaging, with 100% implementation across the business
- Waste Management and reducing food waste by 30%
To achieve both short-term and long-term goals, Central Retail announces 4 commitments under the CRC ReNEW strategy, which has been practised consistently and is set to be elevated across the following aspects:
Reduce greenhouse gases across business operations by conducting the following:
- Increase the use of clean energy by installing solar-cell rooftops on malls and stores in Thailand and Vietnam, enabling Central Retail to replace conventional energy with solar energy by 30% by 2026.
- Transition into low-carbon logistics by using EV trucks for product deliveries
- Adopt energy-saving technologies across various forms, including energy-efficient chillers and electric tricycles.
- Promote the use of electric-powered transportation by installing EV charging stations for mall customers in Thailand and Vietnam.
- Commit to a ‘No Deforestation’ practice by opposing products and suppliers that contribute to deforestation across the entire supply chain.
“Central Retail’s sustainability commitment starts with embedding sustainable thinking in our internal culture and mindset, building on the highest standards of ESG practices across all levels of employees and throughout the entire value chain of our business. We have also placed long-term roadmaps that require consistent action and collaboration across all units. Central Retail intends to pass on this mission to the next generation of management members, and we will continue to take on this important role so we can pass on a promising future for the generations to come,” concluded Mr Yol.