ILF Consulting Engineers has set another historical milestone in its 50+ years of engineering excellence. The company has been appointed as the consultant of choice for the pre-development studies for three multi-gigawatt solar PV parks in Saudi Arabia. These parks, with an installed capacity of up to 30 GWp, will by far be the world’s largest renewable energy parks in terms of installed capacity.
ILF will provide world-class engineering services, accompanying the parks’ development up to the point where the parks can be tendered on an independent power producer (IPP) basis.
The pre-development studies shall include the performance of the following tasks:
- a preliminary site assessment
- preparation of a master plan
- environmental baseline surveys
- an environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA)
- the permit application procedure
- various studies, including geotechnical, hydrological, glint/glare, and corrosion studies
- an energy yield assessment
- technology selection
- CAPEX/OPEX estimation
- the advanced design of the parks
The parks are among the most ambitious and prestigious developments taking place in the world in terms of sustainability, innovation, and cutting-edge technology, and are a key puzzle piece in Saudi Arabia’s strategy to become a world champion in renewable energy by 2030. This fits perfectly with the ILF Group’s commitment to climate protection and its vision of improving the quality of life around the globe.