The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has recently issued a monthly summary for the Cabinet for the month of September 2020.
Some important events and developments in the summary are as follows :
- A total of 435.99 MW of Renewable Energy (RE) capacity was added, taking the cumulative installed RE capacity to 89.22 GW as on September 30, 2020. This includes 38.12 GW of Wind capacity, 36.05 GW of Solar capacity, 10.31 GW capacity of Bio-power and 4.74 GW capacity of Small Hydro power. Further, projects of 48.21 GW capacity are at various stages of implementation. Projects of 25.64 GW capacity are under various stages of bidding.
- An expenditure of Rs. 1710.52 crore has been incurred up to September 30, 2020 which is around 29.73 percent of the total Budget Estimate (BE) for the Ministry for the year 2020-21.
- Five solar parks of total capacity of 4300 MW were sanctioned under the Ministry’s Solar Parks scheme. These five parks will come up in the States of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.
- A revised list of wind turbine models and manufacturers was issued. Inclusion in this list of models is mandatory for wind turbine models to be installed in projects awarded via Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) by the Ministry’s Implementing Agencies. Also, such inclusion is necessary for duty concessions for import of components for a wind turbine model.
- The Ministry issued an order on September 23, 2020 to provide for preference for domestic manufacturers in the Renewable Energy (RE) sector in purchases by the Ministry and its organisations. This is in pursuance of the instructions issued by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- An online application portal called BIOURJA was launched. This will enable online filing of applications for registration of projects and Central Financial Assistance (CFA) under the Ministry’s Waste to Energy and Biomass based cogeneration programmes.
- Expressions of Interest (E00 were invited for installation of innovative stand-alone solar pumps under the schemes implemented by the Ministry.
To know more refer to the document below: