Reading Time: 1 minutes
Oman Power & Water Procurement Company (OPWP) has changed the request for proposal (RFP) for its Manah 1 and 2 solar PV projects which will have a capacity of 500-600 MW each.
There have been some changes to the site and that is the reason for amendments to RFP. There will be no changes in the capacities of the projects. OPWP wants to award these projects to different bidders.
The Manah 1 and 2 were originally tendered in July 2020 and have faced many delays during the process. The bid submission is now expected to happen in the third week of July.
9 Consortiums were prequalified for Manah 1 and 2 projects in December 2019. These consortiums were:
• Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company (Masdar), EDF Renewables (France)
• Acwa Power (Saudi Arabia)
• Eni (Italy), SB Energy (Japan)
• Jinko Power (China)
• Korea Western Power Company (South Korea), Hanyang Corporation (South Korea), Solar Reserve (US), Nafath Renewable Energy (Oman)
• Marubeni Corporation (Japan)
• Power Construction Corporation of China
• Tag Energy, Al-Shanfari Group (Oman)
• Total Solar International (France)
The first 500 MW capacity of the project is expected to come online in 2022. It will have 27,849 bifacial solar PV panel modules with 3,204 inverters and two 220MVA transformers.