Gautam Solar Installs 1000 Solar Pumps in Haryana

0
122

Gautam Solar, solar power equipment maker announced that they has installed solar pumps at 1,000 locations in Haryana under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) scheme.

The government has set a target of installing 15,000 standalone solar pumps in Haryana within the first year of the scheme.

The scheme was launched by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in 2019 to provide subsidies on solar pumps to Indian farmers. Under the scheme, the farmers only have to bear 40% of the pump’s cost, while the central and state governments subsidize the remaining 60% for solar pumps that have a capacity of up to 10 HP.
The State like Haryana and Madhya Pradesh, have provided additional 10% top-up on the subsidies, which made the scheme more attractive for farmers and could contribute massively to the success of the project.

So far, we’ve worked with the farmers of Haryana and Rajasthan, who have shown great interest in the new solar technologies and have embraced the change wholeheartedly. We look forward to working with farmers in the other regions of the country as well and help them in their noble pursuit by gearing them with clean, efficient, and cost-effective irrigation equipment,” said Gautam Mohanka, MD, Gautam Solar.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.