GoodWe is a world leader in manufacturing PV inverters and energy storage solutions. We are dedicated to have an open platform for knowledge sharing & communication in terms of the PV industry. Our Solar Academy team focuses on sharing knowledge of PV applications, offering excellent PV system solutions, providing technical training to our customers across the globe with a range of topics covering different needs from PV installers, PV system designers, investors and distributors. We host and participate in training sessions in form of conferences, seminars, workshops and online webinars.
Keeping up with this vision GoodWe collaborated with Skill Council for Green Jobs to meet the skilling requirements of the end user. The course was aligned with ‘’Solar PV Designer’’ (QP: SGJ/Q 0110), a Qualification Pack (QP) of Skill Council for Green Jobs which has been declared a National Qualification and is part of the National Qualification Register. This training program was organised for 2 days on 16th & 17th September 2021 and had a total of seven major sessions, which focussed on important aspects of Solar PV (SPV) system design and the criteria employed for the components selection. This enabled the participants to receive an in-depth exposure on the design basis criteria for solar rooftop and ground mounted projects.
The training was largely targeted for solar industry professionals and candidates who would like to join the sector in roles related to system design and components selection & optimisation.
It was absolutely free of cost; however, the seats were limited and available on a first come first serve basis.
The learning objective of the training was:
- • Understand the system architecture of rooftop and ground mount solar projects
- • Interpret the technical standards in RTSPV or GMSPV
- • Optimize Balance of System components
- • Select the inverter after techno commercial assessment of Grid tied inverters
- • Analyse the impact of good quality inverter on generation and system reliability
- • Perform the matching of inverter with solar array considering Grid voltage, Array voltage (DC), derating factor, efficiency, Power factor, and other important electrical parameters
- • Select the customized and cost-effective Balance of System solution
- • Know-how of PV System and Helioscope and Generate the bankable report from PV System Software
- • Understand the O&M issues of PV plant and its components
|A Total of 48 Participants joined the training. Reputed and Seasoned Experts were trainers for the event:|
1. Expert from GoodWe Mr. Ned Ge (Solution Engineer, GoodWe) Ned is an Electrical Engineer from the GoodWe Utility scale power plants team, with experience in the PV market in design, construction and O&M projects in China. He also has a wide technical vision of the utility scale power plants. He is now responsible for GoodWe’s APAC technical support and new product development.
|2. Mr. Prem Bharti, Technical Officer, SCGJ and Master Trainer (Solar PV Installation) With an M.Tech degree in Green Energy Technology from UNESCO Madanjeet Singh School of Green Energy Technology (UMSGET) He has over 7 years of experience in Solar EPC & project management. He has been instrumental in set up more than 500 Projects with a cumulative capacity of more than 50MW which includes grid tied, off grid, hybrid and mini grid solar projects across India and the Southeast Asia region.|
|3. Mr. Vamsi Krishna, Director of Institute of Solar Power Technologies & Vocational Training (ISPTVT) and SCGJ Master Trainer; he holds a master degree from IIT Chennai With over 16 years of cumulative work experience across various capacities in the Automobile industry, ventured into Solar Energy space in the year 2009 with creating India’s First Commercially Operated Training Institute with a clear focus on Solar Energy sector.|
|4. Mr. Lucky Agarawal Director (Solar Tech Saarthi Pvt Ltd) With an M.Tech degree in Renewable Energy Engineering from TERI University, he possesses diversified national and international experience of more than 5 years in solar PV.|
At the end of the training, Online Assessment was carried out as per the norms of SCGJ and successful trainees were rewarded with the Certificate jointly issued with the industry partner.
The real time experience on Inverter technology, hands on experience with PV design parameters & engaging sessions by PV experts and discussion on upcoming opportunities in the PV industry made this training a successful event. GoodWe & SCGJ is committed to organise more such events in order to empower young and budding professionals in the industry.