Atal Jyoti Yojana Extends Till Mar 2021 By Finance Ministry


Reading Time: 2 minutes


The second phase of Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) has been extended for one year till March 31, 2021. The Decision was issued after the instruction of the Finance Ministry’s Expenditure Department on continuation and extension of public-funded ongoing schemes.The decision of further continuation of the scheme has been approved by the President of India.


The circular stated that the vendors already empaneled by EESL for the scheme will continue to install solar street lights against the sanction for MPLAD funds issued or to be issued by the respective DMs till March 31, 2020.Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) will continue to implement the scheme as per the earlier approved guidelines.

It has also been instructed by the ministry that For sanctions issued by DMs after March 31, 2020, EESL will have to issue a new tender for the empanelment of vendors for solar street lights installation.

AJAY scheme was previously launched by the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy on December 18, 2018, for one year.This scheme was launched to illuminate dark regions through the establishment of solar street lights and It is a sub-scheme under off-grid and decentralized solar application scheme of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India. Under the scheme, SSL with an LED capacity of 12 W will be provided as per MNRE norms in the identified states. The total number of solar LED street lights installed is 1,35,577 (As of March 2020). The total cost of the scheme is Rs 583 crore. MNRE will provide 75% of the cost of street lights and the remaining 25% will be provided by Member of Parliament Local Area Development funds (MPLADS).

Also Read  Cleantech Solar Partners with Marine Industry Service Provider in Singapore for a Pilot System Consisting of Solar PV, BESS and EV Charging System

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.