The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has recently issued a monthly summary for the Cabinet for the month of August 2020.
Some important pointers in the summary are as follows .
- Total of 751.52 MW of renewable (RE) capacity was added during the month totaling India’s RE generational capacity to 88.65 GW as of 31st August.
- 38 GW was made up from wind, solar made a total of 35.74 GW, 10.17 GW from Bio-power and 4.74 GW from small hydro projects.
- Projects of 45.11 GW are at various stages of implementation and 28.43 GW capacity currently are under various stages of bidding.
- Expenditure of Rs 1424.33 crore has been incurred up to August 31, 2020. Which is roughly 24.7 percent of the budget estimate for the ministry for the year 2020-2021.
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic time extension of five months, from March 25, 2020, to August 24, 2020.
- A meeting of the standing committee on energy (2019-20) was held on August 18, 2020, on “Action Plan for Achievement of 175 GW Renewable Energy Target.”
To know more refer to the document below: