The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has recently issued a monthly summary for the Cabinet for the month of August 2020.
Some important pointers in the summary are as follows .
- Total of 751.52 MW of renewable (RE) capacity was added during the month totaling India’s RE generational capacity to 88.65 GW as of 31st August.
- 38 GW was made up from wind, solar made a total of 35.74 GW, 10.17 GW from Bio-power and 4.74 GW from small hydro projects.
- Projects of 45.11 GW are at various stages of implementation and 28.43 GW capacity currently are under various stages of bidding.
- Expenditure of Rs 1424.33 crore has been incurred up to August 31, 2020. Which is roughly 24.7 percent of the budget estimate for the ministry for the year 2020-2021.
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic time extension of five months, from March 25, 2020, to August 24, 2020.
- A meeting of the standing committee on energy (2019-20) was held on August 18, 2020, on “Action Plan for Achievement of 175 GW Renewable Energy Target.”
Also Read Masdar, TAQA, EDF Renewables, And JinkoPower Illuminate UAE's Energy Landscape With Al Dhafra Solar PV
To know more refer to the document below: