Gujarat Chief Minister (CM) Vijay Rupani unveiled the “Gujarat Solar Power Policy 2021” which will be effective from 2021-2025.
Highlights of the policy:
(1) Any person / developer / consumer can set up solar projects as per his requirement without any capacity ceiling;
(2) Existing ceiling of 50% of sanctioned load / contracted demand for setting up solar project is removed
(3) Consumers can set up solar projects on their roof / premises or can give their roof / premises on lease to third party for generation and consumption of power in same premises
(4) New solar power policy will be operative for 5 years i.e. up to December 2025
(5) Security Deposit to be furnished by developer to DISCOMs for PPA has been reduced from Rs 25 lakh per MW to Rs 5 Lakh per MW
For complete details refer below document