Major steps taken to scale-up rooftop solar in the country, inter-alia, include:
- Launch of Rooftop Solar Programme Ph-II with CFA for the residential sector and incentives in slabs for the DISCOMs for the achievement of additional RTS capacity in a year over and above the installed RTS capacity of the previous year.
- Launch of a National Portal where residential consumers from any part of the country can apply for the installation of rooftop solar and get subsidies directly into their bank account under the Programme.
- Development of online portals at the DISCOM level and aggregation of demand relating to RTS projects.
- Preparation of model MoU, PPA, and Capex Agreement for expeditious implementation of RTS projects in the Government Sector.
- Electricity (Rights of Consumers) Rules, 2020 has been issued for net-metering up to five hundred Kilowatt or up to the electrical sanctioned load, whichever is lower.
- The online portal was developed for expediting project approval, report submission, and monitoring the progress of the implementation of RTS projects.
- Facilitation of concessional loans from multilateral agencies such as the World Bank.
- Renewable energy is included under the priority sector lending guidelines of RBI.
- Declaration of the trajectory of Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) up to the year 2030
- Quality standards for deployment of solar photovoltaic systems/devices notified.
- Innovative business models for RTS prescribed.
- Information and public awareness activities through various mediums.
This information was given by Shri R.K Singh, Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.