The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), in collaboration with its two Public Sector Enterprises, the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) and the Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd. (SECI), along with three autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), the National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE), and the Sardar Swarn Singh National Institute of Bio Energy (SSS-NIBE) – embarked on a dedicated cleanliness drive under Special Campaign 3.0 from October 2 to 21, 2023. This campaign, modeled after the successful initiatives of 2021 and 2022, aims to enhance cleanliness and address pending references, with a particular focus on field and outstation offices that play a pivotal role in service delivery and public interaction.
The ministry’s primary objectives during the campaign include maintaining the cleanliness of office premises, managing scrap disposal, eliminating outdated records and stationery, handling various references from Hon’ble MPs, Parliamentary Assurances, State Government References, Public Grievances, and PMO References, efficient record management, optimizing office space, and streamlining rules and processes.
The achievements in the first three weeks of Special Campaign 3.0 are noteworthy:
- Disposal of 19 References from MPs, 62 Public Grievances, and 2 PMO references.
- Conducting 7 comprehensive cleanliness drives.
- Reviewing 1,680 physical files, leading to the removal of 162 redundant files.
- Reviewing 1,699 e-files, closing 109 of them.
- Achieving 100% targets for disposing of Public Grievance Appeals.
- Liberating approximately 250 sq. ft. of office space by effectively managing scrap disposal and file organization.
The Special Campaign 3.0 reflects the government’s commitment to enhancing cleanliness and administrative efficiency within the renewable energy sector. These initiatives mark a significant step forward in ensuring optimal service delivery and an organized workspace for the ministry and its associated entities.