goodwe september

Keppel Corporation-Led Consortium To Acquire Majority Stake In Cleantech Solar


Reading Time: <1 minutes


Cleantech Solar, a leading provider of renewable energy solutions to corporations in India and Southeast Asia, announced today that a consortium of Keppel Corporation Limited, Keppel Asia Infrastructure Fund LP and a co-investor of KAIF, through Cloud Alpha Pte Ltd, is acquiring a 51% equity interest in Cleantech Renewable Assets Pte. Ltd. from Cleantech Energy Corporation Pte. Ltd. The remaining 49% of the equity interest in Cleantech is held by its existing shareholder, Shell Eastern Petroleum (Pte) Ltd., which will continue to support its future growth in the region.

pixon september

Founded in 2015, Cleantech Solar has emerged as a leading provider of reliable and sustainable solar energy solutions to large commercial and industrial customers across India and Southeast Asia. The company was established with a clear vision:
• To become the long-term partner of choice for leading multinational and large local corporates
• Set industry leading standards for delivering the best technology, quality, and reliability of service
• Build a team culture and reputation for strong corporate governance, health & safety, and environmental standards

Also Read  Union Minister Jitendra Singh to Lead Delegation to US for Global Clean Energy Action Forum

This partnership between two long term strategic investors – Keppel and Shell – is expected to bring in the growth capital and know-how to support Cleantech’s ambitious growth plans over the next five years. We have a large pipeline of identified opportunities across our key markets, and we continue to witness significant growth opportunities in this sector across the region.

Raju Shukla, Founder and CEO of Cleantech Solar, said, “It is indeed a matter of great pride that we now have the backing from Keppel Corporation and Shell – two world leading corporations with long term commitment to renewable energy, sustainability, and Net Zero emissions. Cleantech is targeting to achieve a cumulative generation capacity of 3 GW within five years.”

Mr. Loh Chin Hua, CEO of Keppel, said, “The investment in Cleantech reflects Keppel’s commitment to sustainability and our Vision 2030 plans to grow our renewables business. It allows us to not only tap the expertise and experience of Cleantech in solar energy projects but also explore opportunities for collaboration with other parts of the Keppel Group. Through acquiring a majority stake in an established platform together with KAIF and a like-minded investor, we would be able to accelerate
Keppel’s growth in the renewables space, as we work towards achieving and surpassing our target of 7GW of renewable energy assets by 2030.”

Also Read  Iberdrola Commissions Algeruz II, its First Photovoltaic Plant in Portugal

Completion of the transaction is subject to and conditional upon certain customary conditions, including regulatory and other approvals. The transaction is expected to close in 1Q 2022. Standard Chartered acted as exclusive Financial Advisor to Cleantech for this transaction.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.