Encavis and Badenova to Invest €200 Million in 500 MW Renewable Energy Capacity in Germany by 2027

Representational image. Credit: Canva

Encavis AG, a wind farm and solar park operator listed on MDAX, is teaming up with the energy supply company badenova AG & Co. KG, headquartered in Freiburg, to drive the expansion of renewable energy in Germany. The partnership will see the establishment of Encavis Energieversorger I GmbH (EEV) in Hamburg, with Encavis AG holding a 51% stake and Kommunale Energiewende GmbH & Co. KG (KEW) holding the remaining 49%.


EEV, the newly formed entity, will concentrate on acquiring and operating wind and photovoltaic systems within Germany’s renewable electricity generation sector. The initiative will also encompass related technologies such as battery storage and the marketing of electricity generated from renewable sources. Through shares in KEW, established by badenova, this collaboration is open to other partners interested in participating in long-term investments in wind and PV projects.

Dr. Christoph Husmann, Spokesman of the Management Board and CFO of Encavis AG, expressed enthusiasm about the partnership, stating, “The cooperation solution developed with badenova shows that we are on the right track with our Accelerated Growth Strategy 2027, and that we are taking giant steps towards our expansion targets in the field of wind and solar parks by 2027.”

Also Read  South African Homes And Businesses Install 4,400MW Rooftop Solar PV, Doubling Eskom's Capacity

Heinz-Werner Hölscher, CEO of badenova, emphasized their shared goal, saying, “We as badenova want to have built one gigawatt of installed capacity with renewable energies by 2035. This will be done primarily through the projects we have developed in our region, but to a certain extent also through nationwide participations.” He also noted that the collaboration provides an opportunity to grow through wind and PV projects across Germany.

The contribution of badenova to Encavis’ supra-regional expansion will be assessed on a project-by-project basis. The partnership aims to further expand by including other entities such as regional energy suppliers, municipal utilities, and municipalities in KEW.

This strategic collaboration marks a significant step in advancing renewable energy projects in Germany and underscores the growing importance of sustainable energy sources.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.