GoodWe- Reshaping Smart Energy

Renewable Energy Projects Of Egypt Under Development Reaches 3,570 MW Capacity

0
65

Reading Time: 1 minutes

Growatt

According to the New and Renewable Energy Authority (NREA) of Egypt, during the third quarter of the financial year 2021-22, the renewable energy projects of the country under development reached 3,570 MW.

The foreign direct investments for the projects were $3.5 billion. Only 22% of these renewable projects are from solar power plants and the rest 78% are from wind power plants.

A 50 MW solar power plant is about to be completed in the Zafarana area and the project is worth EGP 700m. This project is anticipated to start operation in the third quarter of 2022.

According to a report, during the third quarter of 2021-22, solar cells connected to the grid accounted for 949 GW/h. 2.25 million tonnes of carbon dioxide were reduced during the same fiscal year from all the renewable energy sources.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.